WELCOME TO THE 2014 ACR NEWS AWARDS
In the glittering and atmospheric surrounds of the National Motorcycle Museum, an audience of well over 500 guests from across the air conditioning, refrigeration and end-user sectors attended the ACR News Awards 2014 last night (12 February).
Sunderland-based Cool Designs was named Wholesaler/Distributor of the Year, while Climate Control picked up the Marketing Initiative Award and Business Edge scored the Training Initiative Award for its targeted approach to training ex-forces personnel.
A-Gas won the Environmental Product of the Year trophy for PERSY, its recently introduced portable refrigerant recovery system, while Bitzer’s Ecoline scooped the Refrigeration Product, and tightly contested Air Conditioning Product of the Year was awarded to Klima-Therm for its EXP Air Conditioning System.
Guests at the National Motorcycle Museum were treated to an evening of entertainment and humour from well-known presenter Lenny Henry, rounding the evening off with a flutter in the charity casino.
The full list of winners is:
- Distributor/Wholesaler of the Year: Cool Designs
- Refrigeration Product of the Year: Bitzer (Ecoline)
- Air Conditioning Product of the Year: Klima-Therm (EXP Air conditioning)
Highly commended – Daikin UK (VRV IV) heat pump
Highly commended – Silentair (Serenity)
- Small Contractor of the Year: A1RServices
- Large Contractor of the Year: Borahurst
- Training Initiative of the Year: Business Edge
- Environmental Initiative of the Year: A-Gas (PERSY)
- Marketing Initiative of the Year: Climate Control
Highly commended – Samsung
- Consultant of the Year: Stephen Gill Associates
- Customer Service Award: Disa Shearer of Logicool
- Alan Moor Award: Mike Creamer of Business Edge